[Nottingham] Apache configs

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Sun Jan 5 14:01:46 UTC 2014

Hi Jason,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 01:48:20PM +0000, Jason Irwin wrote:
> That tell me the syntax is OK.
>
> What I was more thinking of was output showing how a request got matched
> against the various vhosts so one could see why it got picked

As far as I'm aware apache2ctl -S *does* tell you that, as once
you've worked out (from DNS) what IP address the hostname resolves
to, -S shows you which vhosts are available on that IP:port.

> (e.g.  "Request www.foo.com failed on ServerName "foo.bar.local",
> matched on ServerAlias "www.foo.com" for vhost "020-foo"; vhost
> "020-foo" selected).

Can't you just see what www.foo.com resolves to in DNS and then look
down the list of IP:port that apache2ctl -S spits out until you find
that one, then see what the configured vhosts are? It'll either be a
matching one or the default one or the first one for that IP:port.

Cheers,
Andy