[Nottingham] How to remote diagnose network issues?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:58:37 UTC 2015

Heh, the Pi is back. I'm going to pull the VPN logs from it, I'm sure
they'll make hilarious reading.
Any other network health monitoring I can add? Maybe clean more on why it
goes down (other than dodgy ISP).

And fixing the test service I'd create for systemd was super-easy.

Step 1) systemctl status test.service
That tells me it's failed with "status=203/EXEC" so it barfed at start-up.
Good, I know the service definition is OK, but something is up with the
exec.

Step 2) journalctl and then simply search for "test.service".
This gave me "Failed at step EXEC spawning /path/to/test.sh: Exec format
error"

So, the script itself then.  Opened that and spotted the leading space
before "#!"
Fix that and presto, it simply works. So now I know how to easily hook the
tunnel script on the Pi into systemd.
Neat.

Cheers for all the assistance.

J.