[Nottingham] SSH, port-forward and X-forwarding magic

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu May 10 12:17:29 UTC 2018

On 10/05/18 12:22, Martin via Nottingham wrote:
> On 10/05/18 12:18, Martin via Nottingham wrote:
>> On 10/05/18 12:04, J via Nottingham wrote:
>
>>> This is the only way I can access certain resources.
>>
>> That's the usual lame lazy excuse of the Proprietary world and the old
>> game of lock-in...
>
> There must be some apt Linus or rms quote for that somewhere!... :-P :-)

To answer myself:

Mmmmmm... Not that I can find...

There are instead for a giggle:

You could say I was too lazy to calculate, so I invented the computer.

Konrad Zuse

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.

Robert A. Heinlein

I'm lazy. But it's the lazy people who invented the wheel and the
bicycle because they didn't like walking or carrying things.

Lech Walesa

Laziness is the first step towards efficiency.

Patrick Bennett

Go Code and Prosper! :-P