[Nottingham] [Misc] NLUG Website - What domain name?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 18:43:50 UTC 2019

On 25/04/2019 13:29, John Whitehead via Nottingham wrote:
> nlug has to be much better than notlug, but .uk is a bit generic for a
> domain.
>
> So ++ for nlug.beer, although nlug.dev is cheaper, and nlug.social is
> even cheaper at the moment.

> On 24/04/2019 13:50, J via Nottingham wrote:
>> Surprised you didn't go for http://www.nlug.beer/ :-)

Very good and very droll :-P

But we don't want to discriminate against non-beer drinkers or
non-socialites!

On that count, more of a point is to find some consistent, good,
reliable, (free,) venue where we can set up more formal talks and demos...

OK, so the drift I get is to go with *www.nlug.uk* :-)

(Note there is already an nlug in the USA and likely elsewhere...)

Re costs: Just buy me a beer each month! ;-)

OK #2: Next is to conjure up some spare time to do something! :-)