[Nottingham] [Social] 7:30pm Thursday 17/01/2019: A Cumin Happy New Year!

VM vadim at mankevich.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 16:54:37 UTC 2019

What's wrong with avahi? Poettering's last commit was in 2012! It's modular and doesn't grow like cancer...

On 15 January 2019 15:55:33 GMT, Martin via Nottingham <nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>Folks,
>
>Happy New Year 2019!
>

>I hope everyone had a good and fun break for festivities?
>
>NLUG returns for a New Year of lots of everything :-)
>
>And lots have been happening for lots of stories for our first social
>of
>the year at our favoured Cumin Indian Restaurant (& 20% off mains :-) )
>

>In the world of Linux, notably we start the year with the new v5.0
>Linux
>kernel with a new version of a now "nice" Linus. The "v5" jump from
>"v4.20" has no special meaning and is completely at the random whim of
>Linus who ran out of human digits to tally up the count further :-)
>
>Further along the developments we have the daemon of anti-unix
>philosophy moving on from systemd to build a new anti-unix empire anew.
>We've seen Lennart's fiendish ways with Avahi, PulseAudio, and even
>more
>infamously systemd: What-the-Hell next?...
>
>And lot's of positive fun more!
>

>All starting 7:30pm Thursday 17/01/2019:
>
>*A Cumin Happy New Year*
>

>Featuring:
>
>7:30pm
>
>*The Malt Cross RESURRECTED*
>
>https://maltcross.com/
>
>16 St James's St
>Nottingham, NG1 6FG
>
>Phone: 0115 9411048
>
>See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malt_Cross for the very brief old and
>new history. 'Twill be good to sample their renewal
>

>Following onwards with:
>
>8:15pm
>
>*The Cumin Indian Restaurant*
>
>http://www.thecumin.com
>
>62-64 Maid Marian Way
>Nottingham, NG1 6BJ
>
>Phone: 0115 941 9941
>

>Continuing onwards some time later to wherever we adventure further!
>

>All welcome for all and anything and everything Linux :-)
>
>*HAPPY NEW YEAR* !
>
>See ya there!
>
>Cheers,
>Martin
>
>--

vadim at mankevich.co.uk PGP key fingerprint
0xC046022A3A91455AF0C9BB2404BF882B1905C772
Retrieve from https://keybase.io/vmankevich

"When we take away the right to figure out if something bad is going on in our computers, the inevitable consequence is that bad things will happen in our computers." (Cory Doctorow)