[Nottingham] Linux on an 8-bit micro? - Re: Gigatron TTL

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jun 11 15:50:16 UTC 2019

On 11/06/2019 13:01, VM via Nottingham wrote:
> OMG! 2 hours boot to bash...
> Next stop,  a physical Turing machine running Linux?

Strangely enough... There are research papers demonstrating advanced
computation by using the placement of overlapping physical shapes. The
results are read off at the speed of light (optically :-P ) or by
movement of a physical interface...

> What project are we ever going to build as a group?

Babbage reimagined?

We could have some tremendous design fun with a laser cutter... ;-)

But don't mention Redstone Minecraft!!!

Daryl, your next adventure is?

Myself, I am wondering what can be made as a minimal RISC system... ;-)

More beers needed?