[Nottingham] What do to with dead HDDs? Reuse, recycle, dump?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 01:11:23 UTC 2020

Thanks for that, but I'm rather uninspired by those examples for my
interests.

Surfing around there's various 'ornamental' ideas but nothing I've found
that usefully makes use of the actuators and motors for anything
'interesting' or 'fun'.

The only 'fun' stuff I have found to my liking is reusing various old
disk drives for recreating old computer music... By hey, that's been
well thrashed by others on YouTube.

Hence, unless any inspiration can be gained later today, the multiple
duff disks are to be impaled and scrapped...

Thankfully, I've nothing of the scale of this 'little' hoard:

This guy has a PROBLEM - Tech Hoarders
https://youtu.be/hiLlNzxDfAg?t=178

Ideas welcomed!