[Phpwm] Another one

Dave Holmes Dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 09:20:47 BST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: phpwm-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:phpwm-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Tony Whitmore
Sent: 11 August 2006 06:49
To: phpwm at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Phpwm] Another one

Dave Holmes wrote:
> Ogg vorbis files not seen them for a while!

Heh, considering the format is only three years old, I'd be worried if you
*had* seen them a while ago. Although I suppose it depends on your
definition of a "while". Most >>Open Source podcasts have a Vorbis version.

I would check you facts... For a kick off the project reached version 1 in
2002! As we all know for any open source project takes ages to get to
version 1, and the core codec was kicking around an awful long time before
this - I was playing about with the codec in at least 2000 6 years ago - so
yes I *have* seen it a long time ago

The IT industry moves fast! The open source industry moves faster! 6 years
is more than a while it's a lifetime....

> Meeting in a pub is always a bonus as well...

Actually, meeting in a pub excludes potential members of the community -
those who dislike cigarette smoking, those who dislike the noisy atmosphere
and those who can't go in to pubs for religious reasons.

Fair enough I was just commenting on David's point that the meeting was
informal presentations usually followed by a chat and a beer in wetherspoons
- I was not suggesting excluding anyone

Tony