[Phpwm] Following on from last nights meeting.....

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 09:23:11 BST 2006

Hi,

1) Thanks to Jake + Greg @ Senokian for taking the time to talk/host the
meeting.

2) At the beginning of Greg's talk, he briefly mentioned a framework
they'd developed to handle persistence etc; this reminded me of one I'd
recently come across, namely : Doctrine - http://www.phpdoctrine.com
(At the time I couldn't remember the URL/name)

I think I still prefer Propel :)
(One xml file to rule/bind them all... )

3) Greg's URL of the night was : http://www.agileinaction.com/ (or
http://www.think-box.co.uk/blog which redirects to the above).

4) Kat suggested (probably to stop me falling asleep while driving home)
that we pick a simple application (whether blog, forum, or whatever) and
go about coding it and then compare/constrast everyone's code/approach at
$a_meeting. Any interest?

Thanks