[Phpwm] new ste

Paul Matthews paul.matthews.86 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 19:57:49 GMT 2007

On 2/14/07, Phil Beynon <phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was getting some ragging about the state of my company site a little
> while
> ago, admitedly it hadn't been updated for a long time - so I've redone it
> and its now up.
> This uses my in-house user content management system, even down to things
> like the meta data, menu system, graphic locations etc - plus a fairly
> complex CSS which it shares with the back end.
>
> http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
>
> There's a few bits which aren't populated just yet, but the look and feel
> is
> there!
>
> I'm pretty pleased with it, its only even failing on W3C validation on a
> couple of inconsequential minor things which is pretty unusual for one of
> my
> sites! :-)
>
> Phil

To make the validator work all you need to do is replace your previous dtd
and html opening tag with (note the dtd and xml definition are the first
thing on the page):

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN'
'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd'>

Well that and atchually put alt atributes on all images. It's not a lot and
you could put the shiny xhtml validators on your page.

Plus, I don't know if your interested but there's a couple of lines of css
that can make your menu the full width of the li, it's something along the
lines of:

#nav li a
{
    width: 99.8%;