[Phpwm] Would Drupal be suitable for this project?

Elliot Smith elliot at townx.org
Thu Jan 4 09:38:46 GMT 2007

pete graham wrote:
> I've got a new project starting soon and the discussion about Drupal
> late last year starting me thinking if it would be suitable for this
> project rather than hand coding majority of it.
Dear Pete,

I'd say that's exactly the type of scenario Drupal is suited to. It
supports wiki and forums, plus personal blogs. Simple moderation is easy
to implement. Spam and troll management is possible through add-on
modules. The only area I'm not 100% sure about is how you'd do the
private blog for the administrators. Also, if you wanted each "mini
site" to look different, I'm not sure how you'd go about that. But I
reckon Drupal will get you at least 80% of the way there with minimal
effort.

Elliot