[Phpwm] Installing/moving Drupal to live server

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:56:49 GMT 2007

I've been experimenting with Drupal (and the Organic Groups Module)  on my
machine and home and nearly at the point where I'm happy with how I've
customised the Installation. So far I have been very impressed with Drupal
and would definitely consider using it for future projects.

Now I'm wondering would it be possible to add all the files in my Drupal
installation into a svn repo, dump my database , then checkout the files and
upload the db on the live server?

I have managed to use this technique before for phpBB, punBB and wordpress
installations, although with all of the former I have had to mess about with
various things once the site/app was moved (nearly all of them seem to set
the sites base url somewhere in their database when you install them, this
needs modifying as all hyperlinks are generated with it).

When integrating third party apps into a existing website do you guys tend
to add the application to your code repository or install the files
separately on each server?

Pete Graham
--
http://blog.petegraham.co.uk Peteamania :: Random Banter Blog