[Phpwm] Hi and OO resource pointers please

Rob Allen rob at akrabat.com
Tue Dec 2 20:53:40 UTC 2008

Hi Tess!

On 2 Dec 2008, at 19:22, David Goodwin wrote:

> Tess Barnes wrote :
>> Evening everyone, I met some of you at PHPNW and have now finally got
>> around to joining the mailing list.
>

> Hello! I'll presume you met Rob, as I don't remember meeting anyone
> new :-/

Guilty!  She should win an award for patiently listening to me ramble!

>> Can anyone recommend some good resources on OO php? Tips on books,
>> blogs, syntax cheat sheets or websites all welcome.

Books:
1. PHP and MySQL Web Development by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson
2. PHP in Action by Dagfinn Reiersol, Marcus Baker and Chris Shiflett

The first book covers just about all of PHP and is a well written
introduction to the language and takes you all the way to OO and
performance issues.

The second one concentrate on OO PHP and is great :)

>> Oh, and is there a December meetup?
>
> Yes - It's a social meeting (Morrocan, non-Christmas meal out in the
> middle of Birmingham, with SBLug (similar to last year's setup))
> (Details to follow soon)

Sooner the better please - the wife and kids are filling up the
calendar!

Regards,

Rob...