[Phpwm] hyperphp

Tim Langley telangley at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:47:28 UTC 2010

http://caucho.com/articles/quercus.pdf

sure does :)

(well - define compiled :p but "Quercus runs in Resin or any other Java Application Server as a servlet. Quercus compiles PHP sources into equivalent Java sources. Those Java sources are then compiled down into Java bytecodes."

(it's blisteringly fast, it allows PHP code to call Java natives and it's a breeze to set-up)

clearly not for your standard dynamic website - but if you need performance PHP I can't sing the praises enough