[Phpwm] Next meeting: Solr and fulltext searching - Tuesday 10th May 2011

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri May 6 14:48:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

This next Tuesday, Paul Matthews is giving a talk on Solr....

Abstract :

"With Google constantly pushing the customer expectations of searching, is it time to move away from our database full-text search in pursuit of a more targeted platform? Can implementing Solr offer more than an answer to a search? Implementing a search platform isn’t always suitable for all applications, but in this talk we’ll look at identifying the right search solution, choosing the best way to integrate it into our application and exploring all the benefits a search server can offer.”

Venue: Birmingham Science Park Aston, Faraday Wharf, Holt Street.

Talk should start at about 19:30.

Thanks