[Rustington] Meeting on 3rd August

frank james frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 1 10:23:47 UTC 2011

Derek has reminded me that we should have a vote as to whether we break for a spell in August. Can we discuss this please? Brian Webb has offered to talk on Cloud Computing on August 17th, he will also talk about the U3A Web Site proposed revamp. I shall be on holiday from 1st to 15th September so someone else will have to organise meetings, Derek has the key and the wifi can be passed over to him.
I have used a router to provide a local wireless network without access to the web, which may or not be interesting to demonstrate. I have increased the content of my intranet site, currently accessible in the Roger Montgomeri room when my notebook is switched on there.
Stuart gave an interesting presentation on the "hosts" file, to prevent unwanted sites being accessed from your computer.I wonder how many of you have implemented his suggestion.