[Rustington] Next Meeting 13th

Martin Webb vobbelyvebb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 13:35:49 UTC 2011

Hello Luggers

It would seem that work commitments will leave me unable to attend next
Wednesday.

Anyway my thoughts on the future:

In the home the Laptop and PC will be replaced by an Internet TV, Samsung
SmartTV is a good example:  http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvapps/

General use will be undertaken by Smart Phones and Tablets, running either
Google's Android or Apple iOS Operating Systems.  I personally believe that
Microsoft will become a less dominant player.

Google are trying to buy Motorola which make the Xoom Tablet, which I
believe is the best alternative to an Apple iPad:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/GB-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/ANDROID-TABLETS/MOTOROLA-XOOM-GB-EN

Hopefully discussing the future and the recent interest in WUBI, will tie in
nicely with my brother's talk on Cloud Computing on the 21st.

Martin