[Rustington] utube tutorials

frank james fhj1723 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:08:29 UTC 2012

I have been looking at some of the tutorials and have watched about six
dealing with Java. I was interested because Eldy is written in Java. Eldy
is a program to inroduce newcomers to computing, showing them e-mailing,
web surfing and a few other things. I was led into downloading Elipse and
then following more simple tutorials began trying simple programs. The
tutorial from Stanford was good, although the voice and accent take a bit
of getting use to! There was another on Python given by a Google person,
this was from MIT. Alas the tutorials eat up the allowed broadband usage,
so are probably better done between midnight and 7 am when the usage is not
counted!
Frank