[Rustington] PC Hard Drive Failure

Stuart McFadyen stuart.624mcfadyen at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 20 11:12:27 UTC 2012

At some time or other we are going to face a Hard Drive failure on our PC's or Laptops, as average life is stated as around 5 years, so backups are essential.

If you experience a sudden permanent slow down in performance, best to check your Hard Drive(s).

It is worth downloading and installing the Acronis Drive Monitor, from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/drive-monitor/ which is a small utility reporting historical S.M.A.R.T. hard drive data.

A fully functional Hard Drive should report 100% Health, but I recently saw a customers problematic Laptop reporting only 30% Health ... a crash possibly imminent !!!

When downloading IGNORE the request to include additional Acronis software products ...

Stuart.