[Rustington] PC Hard Drive Failure

Paul Willis phwillis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:19:40 UTC 2012

On Ubuntu the standard "disk utility" thoroughly covers SMART data.
Indeed I have seen the "less than 24 hours" warning followed within
the hour by silence :( -but it gave me the excuse to put ubuntu on a
replacement drive for the laptop.
When I needed root privileges the other day I found the gnome disk
utility is called "palimpsest" from the command line.GOK why.
Fortunately it is all fairly self explanatory because there seems to
be no man page nor much more on the gnome web site..