[Rustington] Hugh who was with us last week, has found a solution to his problem

frank james fhj1723 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:19:15 UTC 2014

At last, after almost six weeks of frustration, and numerous attempted
solutions based on suggestions by kind friends and Internet question sites,
I have solved the problem (I think -- I am cautiously optimistic). The
underlying symptom was that yum install emacs failed with a long list of
errors,. Now it has finally worked, without hesitation. I don't know why,
finding out is my next quest.
This is what I followed:

http://qandasys.info/fedora-19-unable-to-update-or-install-could-not-resolve-host/

Answer by Stramash
November 4, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Resolved this by adding nameserver 8.8.8.8 above my router's address
in resolv.conf that was obtained by DHCP.

Not quite sure why it will not work with the automatic DHCP settings.

This was his e-mail to me!

Frank