[Rustington] progress of a sort with my faulty advent tablett!

frank james fhj1723 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:03:30 UTC 2014

Having bored everyone to death with my advent adventures at the meetings,
at last by pure accident I have contrived a partial solution. I tried to
re-install vegabean (andoid 4.1, something) using puppy linux and it failed
despite the advice from David and Paul.
Just by chance I set the tablet in its stand with power cable connected and
tried a USB mouse in one of the sockets on the stand. To my great surprise
the mouse functioned and I could navigate around the screen. I never ever
saw this possibility mentioned in any of my researces on the advent. The
advent is 3 years old and never worked veery wellwith its original OP
Froya, or was it Freya?
So seeing some signs of life I went back to Windows (ashamed of myself),
and flashed the VegaBean rom in a similar way to what I was doing with
puppy linux. I was once more amazed to see it happen and the system was
installed but still no touchscreen functionality. But the mouse works and
so the tablet is back in business, at least with stand and mouse!
Patience is rewarded and I am learning about tablets at last, admittedly
owing to a fluke chance mouse trial!
Frank