[Rustington] New mobile wifi for a tryout!

frank james fhj1723 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 15:44:09 UTC 2014

Although the Woodlands have done something to improve our wifi facilities,
I thought I would try a different device. It should support 10 users, I
have tried it with 3 and it works here at home.
Strange to relate it came on perfectly with android, but hesitated a bit
with debian and joli. It flatly refused to find the google server at first.
Now a day later it seems to work well.
I may have told you of my fun with VOIP and the echolink access to
worldwide repeaters. The android tablet does an excellent job even though
it only runs on android 4.1
Connecting to a tv with HDML gives a good display of text files!
Shall give a demo if it won't be too boring for you all!
Frank