[Rustington] RusLUG - experience, interests and aspirations

david david at m1.arnstein.name
Wed Jun 10 09:31:25 UTC 2015

Hi All,

My Experience
-------------

I worked for many years in IT - user support (wide variety); systems
support (Unix, Solaris, Linux), writing software (Fortran, C, Perl,
PHP, HTML, Javascript, shell scripting).

My Interests
------------

I have electronics and computing as hobbies (amongst others) - this
includes using microcontrollers.

My Aspirations

As I have very wide interests I would be happy for the group to cover
almost anything that relates to Linux, Open Software and hardware. I
would include Android but with that be more interested in getting
'under the bonnet' and linking up with other Linux based systems, than
basic use.

I am sympathetic to the group helping keen beginners but would not want
that to be the main activity.

David