[Rustington] Tuesday 26, Spire Room, 2PM

Paul Willis phwillis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:48:43 UTC 2016

I spoke to Frank yesterday who will be delighted to see any LUG members at
the Spire Room next Tuesday at 2 PM. This is not an official LUG meeting,
but an opportunity to have a look at the room and facilities with a view to
having some future meetings there instead of the Woodlands Centre. It is
currently booked by Frank for an hour (2-3PM) on Tuesdays, but if the venue
meets members approval, we could try to negotiate a (Wednesday) slot to
suit. This is just an initial viewing and no financial contributions are
required on this occasion (although I'm sure the church would welcome any
donations as always!)

The Spire room is attached to St Mary's Church on the corner of Station
Road and Vicarage Lane between East Preston and Rustington. Easiest parking
and the best entrance for the room is on Vicarage Lane.

I am typing this from Ubuntu 16.04, released yesterday and running from an
SD card c/o unetbootin on my PC. From selecting the card to boot, it loaded
to the desktop in 55 seconds. I haven't had much of a chance to explore
whatever is different yet - at a glance it looks just like 14.04. It
includes LibreOffice on release 5.xx. I think I will be installing it
properly this weekend since my 1404 got damaged by too many desktops.

Paul