[Rustington] Updating Mint?

Martin C. Osment martin.osment at virgin.net
Mon Apr 23 09:59:51 UTC 2018

My version of Mint stopped updating and now it's scrambled as is Open
Office. After a few hours from reboot, the machine goes into continuous
hard disk calls and slows to a near stop.

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 which was blindingly fast, with memory
sticks as storage. I get the same problem with a T420 and an X200.

Any suggestions please?

I need to learn a lot more about Linux!

--
Best Wishes,