[Rustington] (no subject)

Trevor.beeforth trevor.beeforth at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 17:49:34 UTC 2019

Dear Paul,

Some few weeks ago, you, and three/four other 'luggites', were kind enough to welcome me to your house for some introductory help and guidance, transferring from Windows XP to Linux.  Your advice etc was most welcome, and, believe it or not, for I can now word-process ( albeit at a low level ! ) using Linux Mat.. In the fact subsequently, a surprise visit to my house from another of your members, Derek, who amazingly lives almost opposite me, was further help in getting going....

Anyway, I would like to come to your meetings from time-to-time, to see how it goes, how I get on, if that would be ok with you and other members.

However, problem number one, I normally play bridge every Wednesday afternoon ( although it may become possible to arrange occasional once-a-month truancy, especially if I knew where you meet ! ).

A more worrying problem is that I really am a complete Lug beginner.  Reading various unintelligible e-mails from your user group confirms that view ( for example, what on earth is/are IPv6 ? ), so I think that it would be rather premature to join your group at present ( spoil it for everyone else, be right over my head, sort of thing ! ) ?

What do you think ?

Regards,   Trevor.