[Rustington] Rustington LUG

david david at m1.arnstein.name
Mon Apr 6 13:14:08 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well and have avoided the COVID-19 so far.

I have been introduced to Zoom (a video and audio communication
application), first on my tablet and now today on my desktop computer by
my son and it worked well. I thought it might be a good idea to arrange
a meeting of Rustington LUG online using it.

I could set up a meeting for this Wednesday afternoon (or some other
time if that isn't convenient for some people).

It is easy to install Zoom see:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
for the modest system requirements and:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Installing-or-updating-Zoom-on-Linux
for installing on linux.

You can also use it on android tablets and mobile phones as well as the
more unmentionable(!) platforms.

I only have a free account. With a free account, a meeting with more
than 2 people can only last up to 40 minutes. However if we want we
can start a new meeting immediately after the first ...

Please get back to me to say if you would like to try it out.

David