[Ryedale] Debian etch

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 11:53:08 BST 2007

Mark Brier (Lists) wrote:
> Jam Adams wrote:
--%<--
> > Not unless you want to do an upgrade to the new version of testing
> > 'lenny'. You are now on stable so you can do the normal upgrade routine.
> >
> > Jamie
>
> Actually, thsi would depend what keyword you are using in
> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> You can use either the codename (sarge / etch etc.) or the branch
> (stable, testing, unstable etc.)
>
> If you are using the word etch, then you are now on the stable release
> if you do an apt-get upgrade. If you were using the word testing, then
> you will now be on the new testing (lenny as pointed out above).

You both beat me to it.

I know you've been subscribed for a while now Mark, but this being your
first post here, I'd like to welcome you to the list.

> --
>   .~.   Mark Brier - Open Source Tech Consultant
>  / v \  mark AT openitup DOT org / lists AT openitup DOT org
> /( _ )\ PubKey - http://www.openitup.org/keys/markatopenitup.asc
>   ^ ^	+44 (0)161 2422132 / +44 (0)7793 036840

I see from your phone number that you are in Manchester, not likely to
see you at many meets then, still, you're very welcome here.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>