[Ryedale] Mondays meet (22/01/07)

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:39:50 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

Our next meet at The Spotted Cow due the 22nd is planned for being a
general gathering and yarn session to celebrate one year as a LUG.  I've
a few ideas I'd like to run past you and will try to be brief with
those.  Also, as several of us now have GPG working it would be nice to
have a keysigning party at the meet.  So for those interested, you will
need a form of identification normally either a passport of photo
driving license and details of your GPG key.  I suggest you take a look
at this:

http://www.macmahon.me.uk/linux/keysigning/

Ewan has created a simple script to make the keysigning process easier,
so if you would like to use this and bring along the slips generated
that would make things easier all round.

I shall bring a few bits and pieces to raffle to try to raise a little
cash for the next evening at the Brooklyn Centre.  Don't expect anything
startling as prizes, but rest assured they won't be things that have
spent the last five years as tom-bola prizes!

Fintan has already offered to bring his desktop machine to the next
Brooklyn Centre meeting to demonstrate the delights of xgl/Beryl.  So
look forward to that for February.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>