[Ryedale] New LUG

Jamie Adams me at jamieadams.me.uk
Mon Jun 7 09:21:36 UTC 2010

On 7 Jun 2010, at 09:24, Al Girling <al at gcguk.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 07:50:21AM BST, ALEX ARMANI wrote:
>>
>> Second Friday every month. South Cliff, Scarborough. 1o am -> 1o pm
>
> I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but I've not seen you attempt to
> get any life out of the existing Scarborough LUG list.  Ross is still
> active on the Lugmasters list and there has been activity on the list
> this year.  Your 'New Lug' post might well be seen as a tad rude as a
> first post to the mailing list of an existing LUG.
>
> I'm sure that many here would be pleased to see new life breathed into
> the Scarborough LUG as many of us here at RyeLUG have held
> administrative roles at SLUG.  I think the last meet SLUG held was the
> joint GnuPG keysigning with us a couple of years a go.  I think simply
> starting get together social meets your best option, but don't expect to
> get a flood of folks through the door.
>
> Jamie who formed SLUG is still subscribed to this list and I'm sure he'd
> be delighted to see someone pick up the baton.

Hi Alex,

Like Al said, it would be great to see Scarborough LUG get off the ground again. It was a vibrant community at one point. However, again, as Al said, best to announce your intentions on the group list to make sure you have the full support of existing members. I'm sure there will be many of the lurking on the list, just waiting for someone like you to take the initiative.

Best of luck with it,
Jamie