[Ryedale] Welcome

Jon @ RossLUG/ESSLUG jon at rosslug.org.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:29:51 UTC 2010

Hello All!

Thanks for the welcome Al, a good one at that... :-)

Yeah, we're currently starting up a LUG for our area (East Lancashire
http://www.rosslug.org.uk) so I've been joining various LUG mailing lists
around the North of England and attending one or two meets to get a feel of
how others do things, and maybe input back in as I go.

If you want a quick intro to me here goes: I'm your typical Linux admin,
always tinkering and trying new things. Been messing with Linux for around
14 years and working in IT for the last 10.
Current and past projects include:
MythTV PVR
Asterisk PBX
Zoneminder CCTV
Small office configurations - samba, apache/php/mysql intranet,
postfix/dovecot/roundcube mail, etc etc etc
Drupal site building
and much much more.

Thanks again

Jon

mailman-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
> wrote:
>> jon at rosslug.org.uk has been successfully subscribed to Ryedale.
>
> Welcome to the LUG Jon.  We are a very small a quite group with
> infrequent meetings these days, but you are very welcome.
>
> I googled your e-mail address and followed the link to your new East
> Lancs Linux User Group.  Good luck with this!
>
> Please feel free to write a little more by way of an introduction.  It's
> always nice to get an idea of who folks are.
>
> Toodle pip,
>
> Al

Rossendale / East Lancs LUG