[SLUG] VIM

Adams, Jamie JAMIE.ADAMS at HOMEGROUP.ORG.UK
Wed Aug 28 10:09:01 BST 2002

Hi All,

I have recently switched from Mandrake to Redhat.

Firstly:

VIM in Mandrake was very nice to use, under Redhat it has a few little
differences that I find a little annoying. Namely:

When in Insert mode, my backspace key wont work, I have to move the cursor
to the front of the word I want to delete and use the DEL button. This only
happens in VIM, not any other apps.

Secondly (this may seem pedantic):

When I send an email composed with VIM (I use mutt), the text simply flows
to the end of the screen and then wraps (like this message), this is okay,
but under Mandrake it wrapped at about 80 characters along like this:

"I have to got the seat reservations today from Wetherspoons. We are going
be sat upstairs in the no smoking section, which is just near the toilets. I

chose this area because it is usually quieter and its sectioned off a bit
from the main areas."

I like the way it layed it out under Mandrake better.

Does someone have a sample .vimrc file they could send me from a Mandrake
system, or any suggestions?

http://www.star.net.uk