[SLUG] Unable to open documentation.

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Fri Dec 6 18:23:00 GMT 2002

On Friday 06 Dec 2002 9:18 am, Adams, Jamie wrote:
> Yup, in the Mandrake control center there is a menu editor, or at least
> there was in 8.3/3.

Thanks Jamie,

I've had a quick look in there.  Not quite sure about what I seeing though.
The entry for the English howto's is;

$BROWSER<path/to/file>

While the Mandrake Linux Documents is;

sh -c '$BROWSER<path/to/file>'

Anyone know what the sh -c is about?

I don't seem to be able to edit the command to open the app. in the menu
either, which is what I was hoping to do.

Anyway now I've settled down again and started to use my head properly (not
smashing it against the screen!)  :)  I've found the path to the
HOWTO's/index.html opened it in Galeon and bookmarked it.  Hurray!  Should
have done this to start with.  D'oh!

Turns out there's nothing in the howto's about ppp anyway.  Just been to
tldp.org and downloaded the relevant info though so I'll have a proper look
later.

I'll look properly at the menu editor over the weekend.  I've been meaning to
look at altering the menu.  Too many duplicate links for my liking.

Toodle pip,