[SLUG] Linux courses

Ian Eade at IGM Web Design ieade at igmwebdesign.info
Mon Dec 16 11:29:01 GMT 2002

Firstly an apology for my apparent hibernation, an MSc in Internet Computing
is proving to be rather time consuming :)

<snip>

>> One of the things that the course does is get you to create a glossary
of
>> terms.  I've found this quite helpfull.  Maybe we could have one
available
>> on
>> the SLUG site.  I'd like to be involved in the process of putting
together
>> searchable database for a glossary of terms if someone was willing to
put
>> me
>> in the right direction.  After all there's no better way of learning
than
>> doing!  Ian's PHP thing perhaps?
[Jamie said ....]

> Sounds like a good idea to me. Though I have no idea how this can be
> implemented. If you want to do the ground work, I would certainly be
> happy to have it integrated within the site. Maybe we can turn this into
> some sort of project?

A GOT (glossary of terms) would prove helpful for users of all levels

I'll be happy to develop this using PHP and if it were made a project then
everyone could learn something. Has anyone got the terms and what sort of
database are we looking at?

As a side note it is claimed (by some) that "Java is the language of the web
and beats PHP hands down in comparative tests"
I don't think you can directly compare Java and PHP and would disagree with
this statement, any thoughts?

Ian