[SLUG] Update

Jamie jamie at scarborough.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 29 22:06:01 GMT 2002

Hello all, Im just emailing to point out a couple of new features on the
website.

First of all, there is a short survey. It is intended that this will
serve as a way to find out what you are expecting from the group, and
find out if you are avilable for talks/presentations in the future. It
will bve a requirement for new users to complete the survey.

If you have a few minutes to spare, please pop along to
http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/survey.php. All responses will be
posted on the website, your name is not asked for so its all anonymous.

Also, I have stared a small CD library. Have a look at
http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/getlinux.php. The group can now
provide a number of distributions in exchange for the price of the blank
media. I am hoping that the list will grow, if people are kind enough to
forward copies of any 'download' edition distros that I dont have on the
list.

I can bring copies along to the meetings, or post them out if it is
inconvenient for you to come to a meeting.

There may even be some handouts in the near future!

Comments welcome as always.

Have a nice weekend all.