[SLUG] FTP

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Fri Oct 25 18:56:01 BST 2002

Hi everyone,

Over the last few days I've been experimenting with using ftp from the
command line.  I've been able to upload and download files from a couple  of
sites OK, but on connecting I get these messages.

500 'AUTH GSSAPI' is not a valid command
500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4' is not a valid command
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

Should I be doing anything about this?

Are these from a list of authentication types the FTP server I'm connected to
is running through from a list supplied by my computer and it's just showing
the rejected ones?  Or should I configure any files on my local machine to
stop this?

The example I have from a couple of tutorials show nothing like this.

Comments please!