[SLUG] Broken paste, was Broken symlinks

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Wed Sep 18 18:37:00 BST 2002

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 6:00 pm, Gavin wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 13:12, Al Girling wrote:
> > As I happens, the cut & paste doesn't to work between applications.
> > Which is major hassle and possbly the fault of a missing link somewhere.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I would think its an X config problem.
>
> You mean left-mouse select, middle-mouse paste doesn't work? Do you have
> a three button mouse?

Yes, I have a three mouse button, but I'd never heard of the left-mouse
select, middle-mouse paste, which works!  I was thinking more of Ctrl+C,
Ctrl+X to copy or cut from highlighted text and Ctrl+V to paste.   Call me
weird, but I avoid using the mouse as much as possible.  I find the keyboard
much quicker usually.

Regards,