[SLUG] Any mutt users?

Jamie jamie at scarborough.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 20 00:10:01 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 07:03:15PM +0100, Al Girling wrote:
> On Thursday 19 September 2002 1:18 am, Gavin wrote:
> > I use mutt purely as an MUA, with fetchmail+procmail to fetch and
> > process my mail and sendmail to send it. It's a great way to handle
> > mail, and mutt is a great MUA. Not that this helps you in any way :)
> >
> > I know mutt has a compile time option to enable pop3 access. Have a look
> > at the packages readme to see if your mutt has this feature, they
> > usually mention things like this (probably in /usr/share/doc/mutt*/).
> > Also check mutt's help (F1 inside mutt) and search for POP3 (with
> > '/POP3') or SMTP. And theres always google.com/linux and mutt.org:(
>
> I think I need to spend a lot of time looking into this.  I'll not bother you
> here about it for a while.
>
> Al

If you want, I can send you some of my config files to show how I have it set up. Its not that complicated, but it did take me a few days to get it set up.

NB. An easy way to set up sendmail is through webmin if you have it installed.
--
Jamie Adams

SCARBOROUGH LINUX USER GROUP
www.scarborough.lug.org.uk