[SLUG] Rutebook

aardvark llama anisotropy9 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 20 00:13:00 BST 2002

>Al Girling wrote:
>I downloaded the rutebook last night but have only just got around to
>trying
>to look at it.
>
>Turns out the bloody things a Debian binary package.  What am I supposed to
>do with this then?
You have three choices[1]: download alien -- no not the scary movie -- the
package conversion utility and convert it to rpm or whatever; type file,
discover the file is an ar archive file and type ar <file-name> at which
point it will probably turn into tar or tar.gz files which you untar or
unzip *and* then untar; or you could give up on your current distribution
and join the darkside. Or debian users as they are more commonly called.

Of these, the first two look a bit less painful.

TTFN,

:)w

[1] of course, applying a philosophical perspective, you have an almost
infinite set of choices. Athough applying Occam's razor would suggest
something along the lines of the above ;)