[SLUG] Rutebook

Gavin Baker gavbaker at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 20 11:49:03 BST 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 22:10, Al Girling wrote:
> I downloaded the rutebook last night but have only just got around to trying
> to look at it.
>
> Turns out the bloody things a Debian binary package.  What am I supposed to
> do with this then?

It is available to read somewhere on the www, but you can extract it
from the .deb very simply.

Make a temporary directory and copy the .deb there.

  ar x rute*   (will extract 3 files)
  tar zxvf data.tar.gz   (will extract the rutebook files)

The html version, and a compressed pdf version will be in usr/.
To tidy up, just

  cp -a usr/share/doc/rutebook ~/  (copy the rutebook dir to $HOME)

then delete the temporary directory

  rm -rf <temporary directory>

Regards,
Gav