[SLUG] PHP and databases

Adams, Jamie JAMIE.ADAMS at HOMEGROUP.ORG.UK
Fri Sep 27 14:13:00 BST 2002

> > I assume you're intending use MySql? Even tho for now this is a mute
> point
> > as getting some basic idea on what PHP is and how it can be used would
> be
> > better to start with and then move on to databases. However databases
> using
> > PHP is not complicated and there are a lot of options available
>
> I agree, the small tutorial (http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php)
> and the php MySQL reference/examples/useful-comments at
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php on php.net should be enough
> for most of what you need.
>
> The obstacle will probably be designing the database and SQL itself, at
> least if you've never used databases before.

I have never played with databases before, so its all quite new to me. I
started on a tutorial last night, things are going okay so far on the PHP
side. Its just the MySQL bit that has me stuck. Still, I like a challenge :)

http://www.star.net.uk