[SLUG] Last nights meet.

Adams, Jamie Jamie.Adams at homegroup.org.uk
Fri Apr 11 12:56:00 BST 2003

Hi All,

Many thanks to everyone that turned up last night.

All the jobs have been assigned now. Below is a list of people that have
volunteered for jobs and what they will be doing.

Ian:		Website
Chris:	Meetings
Al:		Mailing List
?:		Marketing (sorry, didn't catch your name)

I will contact each of you individually with the stuff that you will
need. What I will also do before I go is setup an email address such as
'admin at scarborough.lug.org.uk' so that you can all be contacted.
Effectively you will be the people running the lug from today. You can
all have individual email addresses @scarborough.lug.org.uk if you like,
but I will leave this to Ian to sort out as its all done through the
website.

Maybe Ian can put something up on the website to reflect the change and
to let people know who does what?

The one job that I forgot to mention last night is the CD library. I get
quite a lot of requests for CD's and this is something that I don't mind
doing and would quite like to carry on with. I will send Ian and the
group updates when I get new distros in.

The one last thing that I would ask is that if, like me, you find that
you don't have the time or motivation to do the bits you have asked to
do, then let us know early and others can volunteer if they feel they
can.

And that's it! Over to you now! I really have enjoyed looking after the
lug for the past year. I hope it continues to grow and continue to be a
useful, educational and fun place for us to experiment with Linux. If in
the years to come we do a LUG history, I wouldn't object to a little
mention. ;)

Im looking forward to coming to the next meeting as a regular member.
Your not going to bar me or anything though are you? lol

NB. Marketing guy: Now that the beer has worn off, if you still want to
do this job can you send me a mail with your email address?

Cheers

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

http://www.star.net.uk