[SLUG] Geeklog and the Lug Website

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sat Aug 2 19:32:00 BST 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 12:35:25PM +0000, Jamie Adams wrote:
> > Well that seems productive, would it be too much to ask that the CMS
> > issue be raised at the next SLUG meeting?
>
> I think anyone intrested would agree with that. lol. How about you strip geeklog
> down a bit before the next meeting to show us what it could possibly be?

I think a proper demonstration of geeklog is vital.  Is there any chance
of getting a machine to the next meet with a copy of Geeklog on it so
Ian can show us it's true potential and we can say what we do/don't want?

Apart from the question of whether a CMS is really needed for such small
site.  One of the biggest problems I have with it is that since it first
appeared in April/May, despite various suggestions, comments, criticisms
and lists of what people want from the site.  The only changes have been
the addition of the header and footer from the main site and the rather
dodgy menu bar. Ian has repeatedly told us how easy to customise Geeklog is,
yet there's been no evidence of this so far!

I'd also like to see the main site kept up to date.  Perhaps one of the
others who volunteered to help with the site would be prepared to do
this.  If not, then I'll have a stab at it if your willing to let me. Then
Ian could do something with Geeklog to show it's as yet untapped potential
and if we decide to use it, it can take over.  Until then we'll still have
an up to date site to use.

Is there any date in mind for the next meeting yet?

Linux user #290080

Debian GNU/Linux