[SLUG] .htaccess files

Mark Feather akwe-xavante at firenet.uk.com
Wed Aug 27 01:38:02 BST 2003

Hi

I have altered my Apache and FTP config files along with the directory
structure of my Linux box to resemble the structure of the server where my
Websites are hosted with great success inc the use of symlinks to redirect
services such as bash and perl.

This means that all my html and script content matches and works perfectly
on my Linux box at home and where my websites are hosted eliminating the
need to continuously alter shebang lines in scripts and code in my html code
to suite each location.

However i still have one problem left.....My .htaccess files have html
ErrorDocuments within them to control errors.   The ErrorDocuments are
written in html which are displayed to the visitors browser complete with
hyperlinks and mailto links etc

This causes problems because i need to write in full URL addresses for
hyperlinks which obviously fail on my local machine as they do not exist.

My Linux box has no internet connection but is on a LAN so that i can browse
from a Windows machine for the testing of my work.

What do i need to alter to make the URL address http://akwe.freeshell.org
point to a specific user html directory allowing the use of scripts and
SSI's etc to continue.

Mark