[SLUG] Open Source project invitation

Ian Eade at IGM ieade at igmwebdesign.info
Tue Dec 9 22:55:59 GMT 2003

Hi all

Having owned/run an art gallery website for around 4 1/2 years I have
decided to release the system (or should that be application?) as Open
Source.

Basically I am looking to put together a group of people who will help
with getting the code into a state where it can be made available for
download for people who can run their own gallery based upon my original
code. The web site can be found at http://www.hammondgallery.co.uk and
if you visit you will see that it is a series of php pages accessing a
mysql database delivering a range of artwork by a number of artists. Not
seen by the public is an admin area so the details of the artists and
their work can be edited and an admin area for artists so they can
upload, edit, view and delete their artwork. The site is non-profit
making and averages 160k visitors a month so I think it makes for a
viable and interesting project which will hopefully be useful to others.

All the basic mechanics of the website work ok (content deliverance etc)
but things like implementing a style scheme, greater online
administration and general code tidying need addressing. Whilst not
starting from scratch I am open to any new ideas, barring for things
like ColdFusion and Java - LOL

So if you want to have a go at some design and coding or just have a few
ideas then I'll be glad to hear from you, naturally everyone involved
will be on the credits list.

Regards

Ian Eade

---