[SLUG] Open Source project invitation

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 10:27:06 GMT 2003

> The goal of the site is to provide a platform from which artists can
> exhibit their artwork to a large audience and encourage communication
> between artists.

Excellent

> Experience has shown that offering artwork for sale
> merely encourages artists to join the site in the pursuit of financial
> gain without any concern for issues of real worth and its these artists
> I would prefer to avoid.

Yes, I can see that. And one of the great things about your site is the
quality of the work exhibited, so you've certainly succeeded.

> As for any statements on the site, experience again has shown that
> offering an opinion just invites a response and for the last 2 years I
> (and other patrons) have received considerable abuse from people who
> disagree with certain aspects of the site. At the end of the day you
> visit the site and make of it what you will, if you don't like it then
> go somewhere else.

I respect that, I was just explaining how I reached the point of thinking
"why can't I purchase a painting". Excellent. I'm completely jealous of
your involvement with such an interesting client base :-) It makes my
kitchen and antiques clients look rather, ummm, less interesting :-)

Cheers