[SLUG] Harddisc's & partitioning.

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Tue Feb 4 09:39:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

It's about time I sorted out the 2nd harddrive in my machine.  This drive is a 1.6Gb disc which according to fdisk currently looks like;

Disk /dev/hdb: 16 heads, 63 sectors, 3140 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hdb1   *         1      3140   1582528+   b  Win95 FAT32

Now as I understand it, the Linux version of fdisk is unable to do anything to Win95 FAT32.  So can anybody tell me how to format this disc so that I might use it.

Cheers