[SLUG] Slackware

Jamie Adams jamie.adams at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 22 22:22:01 GMT 2003

Hi Phil,

I usually keep all my Linux Format mags but I seem to be missing the
September 2002 edition which the disk came with.

The slackware homepage gives says that you need the Boot disk, which
you already have and _1_ of 5 different root disks depending on your
hardware.

As far as I can work out color.gz is an image for just one floppy and
it contains the install program in color. You can create it in the same
way you created the boot disk, ie,

'dd if=color.gz of=/dev/fd0'

If you are creating the disk from Windows you need the RAWRITE utility
which the website says you should have on the CD somewhere.

All of this is on the Slackware website at:
http://www.slackware.com/install/rootdisk.php

Hope this helps.

Jamie