[SLUG] Domain Names

Jamie Adams adamsj at sdf-eu.org
Fri Jul 25 22:06:01 BST 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Mark Feather wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:03:23 +0100
> From: Mark Feather <akwe-xavante at firenet.uk.com>
> To: SLUG <scarborough at mailman.lug.org.uk>
> Subject: [SLUG] Domain Names
>
> Hi
>
> Does anybody know of somewhere where i can register a Domain Name that
> supports Web Diversion and Email Diversion Only that allows full use of a
> Unix servers facilities such as SSI, CGI, perl etc etc.
>
> I don't require web hosting, support or anything other than Web Diversion
> and Email Diversion.

Hi Mark,

I register my domains with 123-reg.co.uk. They have the cheapest prices by
far and offer the following as standard with each registration.

 Web Forwarding (3 types!)
 Catch All E-mail Forwarding
 Up to 100 E-mail Forwarding Addresses
 Free Home Page Wizard
 Change Name Servers
 Change IPS TAG (UK domains)
 No release fee (some charge 19)
 Full Online Domain Management
 Submit Your Web Site to 10 Search Engines

Im not sure what you mean by the unix stuff, wouldnt you need a hosting package
to get all that stuff?

Jamie

        adamsj at sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System